- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.87 / 5.00
Perfect for road racing: the oval Road 110/5 chainrings by absoluteBLACK
These premium Shimano 110/5 (bolt pattern) oval chainrings by absoluteBLACK are designed for pre 2014 cranks like Shimano Dura Ace FC7900, Ultegra FC6750, Shimano 105 5750 and many more with 5 bolt fitting. These are the some of the finest oval chainrings on the market.
Mount: 110 mm bolt circle diameter, 5-arm
Teeth: 34t, 36t, 38t, 50t, 52t
Type: oval, 6.5 % (34t), 11.4 % (36/38t), 10.3 % (50/52t)
Material: aluminium (7075)
- for Shimano Dura Ace 7950, Ultegra 6750, 105 5750, Tiagra 4650, FSA, Rotor 3D & 3D+, S-works and many more older cranks
- also fits SRAM Force and Red but NOT compatible with SRAM cranks that have 1 hidden chainring bolt (Force 22, Red 22)
- auch für SRAM Force und Red, aber nicht kompatibel mit SRAM Kurbeln, die eine verdeckte Kettenblattschraube haben (Force 22, Red 22)
- compatible with Di2
- designed using 3D CAD software, CNC machined, anodized
- long-lasting construction (5 mm)
- smoother, more efficient pedaling action, helps you climb easier and faster
- reduced stress on knees
- 6 up-shifting ramps, 12 down-shifting points
- excellent weight to strength ratio
- reduces chainring/cog shifts by at least 15 %
- ovality and timing (108-109.5°) optimised for each size separately (TDC technology, top dead center)
- for outer chainring please order long bolts
Why absoluteBLACK oval chainrings work
Oval rings work with the natural human physiology. Oval chainrings maximise the part of the stroke where power is produced and minimise resistance where it isn't. As a direct consequence, oval rings enhance a cyclist's ability to spin with a smoother power delivery and feel easier on legs while climbing.
You will actually feel your pedal stroke to be more " round" with an oval chainring than with a round chainring.
Why using oval chainrings matters
In comparison to round chainrings, when using oval chainrings, human legs utilise more muscle groups - but each of them to lesser degree. The overall load from pedalling an oval chainring is spread over a greater muscle mass, which reduces the peak loads on knee joints.
This has three key benefits: firstly, it gives you the feeling of fresher and more relaxed legs. Secondly, it allows you to achieve higher average speed riding uphill. Thirdly, spreading the pedalling load over more muscles reduces the risk of cramp, even when riding hard. This means your overall enjoyment of the ride is enhanced. On MTB side in addition rear tyre traction improves greatly on loose and slippery terrain when using oval. Climbing becomes much easier in demanding terrain.
Manufacturer Part Numbers:
34 tooth: ROV34/5
36 tooth: ROV36/5
38 tooth: ROV38/5
50 tooth: ROV50/5
52 tooth: ROV52/5
- 1 x absoluteBLACK Road 110/5 BCD oval chainring
- black/34 tooth: 30 g
- black/36 tooth: 36 g
- black/38 tooth: 41 g
- black/50 tooth: 122 g
- black/52 tooth: 135 g