- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00
- Trail, All Mountain
- Suspension Type:
- Size x Stroke (mm):
- 165 x 38 mm, 170 x 30 mm, 170 x 35 mm, 184 x 44 mm, 190 x 40 mm, 190 x 45 mm, 190 x 50 mm, 200 x 50 mm, 200 x 57 mm, 210 x 50 mm, 210 x 55 mm, 216 x 63 mm
- Damping System:
- Twin Tube
- Bushing Material:
- Body Material:
- Shaft Material:
- 15 mm (Open End Eye)
- high-speed and low-speed
- high-speed and low-speed
- optional (OPT)
- high reliability with new oil head seal and improved air piston seal
- independent 4-way high and low-speed compression and rebound adjust
- lubrication through 4 valves (Twin Tube)
- LinEair Air Spring (low breakaway torque, higher progression at the end)
- Climb Switch Technology: damping adjustment when riding uphill for compression and rebound (rocker suppression)
- low-friction IGUS High Performance bushing with 1/2" universal axle
- 15.08 mm hole
- anodised, laser graphics
- handmade in North Carolina, USA
CS is the most innovative climbing tech on the market. The proprietary climbing function (patent pending) for the double barrel rear shock changes the entire low frequency dynamics of the damper, which is especially needed for the requirements of uphill riding.
Two hexagonal bolts, placed one inside the other, allow the outer one to be used for high-speed compression and rebound, and the inner one for low-speed compression and rebound. For adjustment Cane Creek provides a small tool that fits in any bag or backpack. In addition, no knobs were used to keep the dimensions of the somewhat voluminous rear shock small. The adjustment range of the Double Barrel Air is extremely wide and covers a very wide range of rear triangle characteristics without having to resort to corresponding tunes. The " coil hardness" can of course be adjusted by air via a rear shock pump.
Low-Speed Compression (LSC):
The low-speed compression stage reacts to slow shaft speeds. This ensures less bouncing when pedalling, and also reduces sagging of the rear triangle in adjacent areas or while jumping. The Double Barrel Air achieves exactly these characteristics by separating the high and low-speed compression stages, thus preventing a reduction in travel.
High Speed Compression (HSC):
Hard hits on root passages, stones or hard landings are the job of the high speed compression stage. The higher the high-speed pressure level is set, the greater the bottom-out protection.
Low-Speed Rebound (LSR):
This setting corresponds to the simple rebound adjustment, which is also available from other brands. In this case, it's difficult to find a compromise between " fast enough for roots" and " slow enough for jumps and hard landings" .
High Speed Rebound (HSR):
The additionally adjustable high-speed rebound allows a slower rebound speed for hit that would compress the rear shock too fast and too far.
Find the Matching Bushings Here:
- 165 mm x 38 mm:
- 170 mm x 30 mm:
- 170 mm x 35 mm:
- 184 mm x 44 mm:
- 190 mm x 40 mm:
- 190 mm x 45 mm:
- 190 mm x 50 mm:
- 200 mm x 50 mm:
- 200 mm x 57 mm:
- 210 mm x 50 mm:
- 210 mm x 55 mm:
- 216 mm x 63 mm:
Note: The rear shock is an open-end eye version.The side on which the Piggy Back is located has a 14.7 mm eye (with pressed in bushing), the opposite side has a 15.00 mm eye (without pressed in bushing). This dimension is required by some frame types and therefore no drilling of the eye is necessary.
- 1 x Cane Creek Double Barrel Air IL Open End Eye rear shock
- 1 x Cane Creek PTFE bushing (pressed into the upper eyelet)
- 1 x adjustment tool
- not incl. bushing in the lower eyelet