- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.89 / 5.00
High-end shock absorption: the Double Barrel by Cane Creek
Durability and reliability are factors that all bicycle components should offer. Cane Creek meets exactly these requirements with the Double Barrel Rear Shock. Only the highest quality materials and components are used to manufacture the Double Barrel by hand. This allows for stress-free progression and consistently perfect performance. Cane Creek's Double Barrel Shock meets every expectation in every situation.
- MTB, Downhill, Freeride
- Suspension Type:
- Bushing Material:
- Norglide® material, low friction, durable
- Air Chamber Diameter:
- 57 mm
- Size x Stroke (mm):
- 190x50 mm / 200x50 mm / 200x57 mm / 215x63 mm / 222x63 mm / 222x70 mm / 240x76 mm / 267x90 mm
- Adjustment Options:
- high and low-speed compression and rebound
- High-end air shock with very wide adjustment range
- independent 4-way high and low-speed compression and rebound adjust
- Twin Tube technology (lubrication through 4 valves)
- adjustment of suspension stiffness with air
- air valve position adjustable by 360°
- self-regulating negative air suspension
- bushings made of low-friction, durable Norglide® material
- handmade in Fletcher, North Carolina, USA
Two hexagonal bolts, placed one inside the other, allow the outer one to be used for high-speed compression and rebound, and the inner one for low-speed compression and rebound. For adjustment Cane Creek provides a small tool that fits in any bag or backpack. In addition, no knobs were used to keep the dimensions of the somewhat voluminous rear shock small. The adjustment range of the Double Barrel Air is extremely wide and covers a very wide range of rear triangle characteristics without having to resort to corresponding tunes. The " coil hardness" can of course be adjusted by air via a rear shock pump.
Low-Speed Compression (LSC):
The low-speed compression stage reacts to slow shaft speeds. This ensures less bouncing when pedalling, and also reduces sagging of the rear triangle in adjacent areas or while jumping. The Double Barrel Air achieves exactly these characteristics by separating the high and low-speed compression stages, thus preventing a reduction in travel.
High Speed Compression (HSC):
Hard hits on root passages, stones or hard landings are the job of the high speed compression stage. The higher the high-speed pressure level is set, the greater the bottom-out protection.
Low-Speed Rebound (LSR):
This setting corresponds to the simple rebound adjustment, which is also available from other brands. In this case, it's difficult to find a compromise between " fast enough for roots" and " slow enough for jumps and hard landings" .
High Speed Rebound (HSR):
The additionally adjustable high-speed rebound allows a slower rebound speed for hit that would compress the rear shock too fast and too far.
Find the Matching Bushings Here:6 mm
- 190 mm x 50 mm:
- 200 mm x 50 mm:
- 200 mm x 57 mm:
- 215 mm x 63 mm:
- 222 mm x 63 mm:
- 222 mm x 70 mm:
- 240 mm x 76 mm:
- 267 mm x 90 mm:
- 1 x Cane Creek Double Barrel Air rear shock
- 2 x Cane Creek PTFE bushings (pre-pressed)
- 1 x adjustment tool
- not incl. bushings