- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.9 / 5.00
BR-R8070 + ST-R8070 by Shimano - disc brake set especially for Ultegra Di2
With the Shimano Ultegra BR-R8070 + Di2 ST-R8070 disc brake set (front + rear), you can rely on the highest Ice-Technologies braking performance under all conditions and have maximum control. The brake calipers (2 ceramic pistons each) with their elegant flat mount design harmonise seamlessly with the overall appearance of your bike and can be easily bled via the One Way Bleeding. The electronic STI shift/brake levers also contribute to braking safety and, with their clear separation between the shift buttons, enable intuitive shifting. Ergonomics and comfort are significantly increased thanks to the reduced hood circumference. In addition, the E-Tube platform offers numerous programming options.
Series: Ultegra R8000
Application: Road, Cyclocross
Gearing: 2x, 11-speed
Shifting System: electronic
Type: hydraulic, 2 pistons
Actuation: mineral oil
Hose Length (Front/Rear): 1000 mm / 1700 mm
Technical Information - Shift/Brake Lever:
Brake Lever Material: aluminium
Lever Body Material: carbon (CFRP)
Mount: clamp (closed)
Reach Adjust: bolt
Adjustment Options: reach adjust, contact point
Technical Information - Caliper:
Mount: flat mount
Pads: L02A resin with cooling fins (L03A resin, K02S / K03S resin, K04S metal, L04C metal optional)
Hose Connection: straight
- more control under all conditions
- flat mount design for seamless integration into the aero profile of the bike
- ceramic piston
- recommended brake rotor: SM-RT800
- anodised brake caliper, steel bolt (4 mm)
- defined tactile feedback and clearer separation between the shift buttons for more intuitive shifting, even with thick gloves
- programmable gearing
- Multi-Shift can be switched on or off separately for each shifter
- remote control shifter programmable for third-party bicycle computers or shifts
- reduced hydraulic inner workings to adjust the ergonomics of disc and rim brake builds
- extended reach adjustment
- multiple input: hold
- compatible with 11-speed Road rear derailleurs
- E-Tube project ensures firmware updates
- number of E-Tube ports: 2
- funnel bleeding (with adapter Y-0C698050)
- shifter made of GFRP, main cylinder made of CFRP, brake lever painted
- for 23.8 - 24.2 mm handlebar diameter
STI Dual Control (DCL)
DCL stands for Dual Control Lever. It has brake and shifting functions in the system and enables easy operation. Ergonomic innovation is probably more critical to the higher standard performance than the added gearing. The shift internals borrow the robustness from Shimano's MTB technology and are so smooth and effortless that one finger shifts front and rear are possible. Indeed, shifting is the ultimate act of Shimano Total Integration, and simply has to be experienced to be understood.
The Dura Ace, Ultegra and 105 Dual Control shift/brake levers have been optimised and feature, for example, a weight-reduced joint on the inside of the shift mechanism and integration of the cable for easier steering. The extremely compact and high-precision manufactured individual parts result in an unrivalled shifting speed.
A technological innovation of the computerized shifting system based on the DI2 concept with which is called, the SEIS (Shimano Electronic Intelligent System). The SEIS innovative shift technology is still based on the Shimano Index System (SIS) that has proved its superior gear changing characteristics over the years. The big difference is that in this case, the shifting action is provided for by electronics instead of mechanics. Shifting is executed by simply pressing the button. No power is needed to shift, which gives important advantages since it is easier now to always keep a tight grip on the handlebar and to keep your concentration on riding instead on shifting. The shift system allows accurate and effortless shifting in difficult circumstances for example when you have cold hands or when you are completely exhausted. Furthermore, the shifting performance will never be affected by contaminated or stretched cables since the shifting signal is transferred electronically. The operating buttons work similarly to mechanical Dual Control Lever so you don't need to re-program your mind for the SEIS.
The E-Tube platform's " Plug & play" and wireless connections make it easier than ever to check and adjust DI2 components on your PC, tablet, or smartphone. The E-Tube project's cutting edge features are protected with an advanced all-weather design that resists rusting, stretching, and freezing. It provides optimal flexibility for your bike. The E-Tube project lets you customise settings of compatible electrical components, update to the latest firmware for feature improvements on Windows PC, tablet or smartphone, quickly access important components' data, and instantly check the system's status.
One-Way-Bleeding was developed for quick and easy prevention of air in Shimano's hydraulic system. They have streamlined the oil route throughout the system to prevent air bubbles from being captured in the system.
One way oil routing plus a funnel tool with mineral oil provides an easy and clean bleeding system.
Brake fading during prolonged uninterrupted operation, e.g. downhill, impairs braking performance. Shimano has introduced brake discs and pads with Ice-Tech technology to create a cooling technology for consistently high braking performance. The brake rotor has a three-layer stainless steel sandwich structure on the outside around an aluminium core. It radiates heat better and reduces a surface temperature from 400° C to 300° C, for example. The brake pads also have optional cooling fins. The design of the rotor in combination with the cooling fins results in a longer service life of the pads, less braking noise, less fading and a lower weight.
I-R8070DLF4SC100A + I-R8070DRRDSC170A
- 2 x Shimano Ultegra BR-R8070 brake calipers
- 1 pair of Shimano Ultegra Di2 ST-R8070 shift/brake levers
- 1 x Shimano SM-BH90-JK-SS brake hose, 1000 mm (front)
- 1 x Shimano SM-BH90-JK-SS brake hose, 1700 mm (rear)
- 2 pairs of Shimano L02A brake pads
- 1 x adapter for 140/160 mm rotors (front)
- 2 x hose connecting bolt units
- 2 x type A caliper bolts (front)
- 2 x caliper bolts for 25 mm frame diameters (rear)
- 1 x Shimano TL-EW02 plug tool
- incl. Shimano TL-BH61 tool
not incl. bolts for 10/15/20/30/35 mm frame diameters
- not incl. rotor
- mount ready (filled & bled)
-black / set (front+rear) : 646 g (Paar)