- 100 day return period
- Online since 1998
- Trusted Shop 4.87 / 5.00
A sophisticated solution: the Shimano Road conversion bottom bracket by Praxis Works
Designed to be a proper BB for installing Shimano Hollowtech II steel spindle cranks in either BB30, PF30, or Specialized's OSBB frames. The exclusive Praxis Collet design keeps the cartridge bearings outboard of the frame right on Shimano spec for greater rigidity and free of frame/c-clip tolerance issues that other systems deal with.
Series: Conversion BB
Type: BB30, Pressfit PF30, OSBB
Shell Diameter: 42 mm or 46 mm
Shell Width: 68 mm
Axle Diameter: 24 mm (Hollowtech II)
Bearings: steel (Enduro 2437)
Bottom Bracket Cup Material: aluminium (7075-T6)
- for Shimano Hollowtech II steel spindle road cranks only
- for 68 mm BB30, PF30, and Specialized Road frames
- designed precisely to Shimano bearing stance & chain line spec.
- not for BB30A, BBRight, BB386EVO, BB86, BB92 frames
- cannot be used for MTB cranks
- braze-on, ST clamp, or Direct Mount front derailleur compatible, no E-Type or BB mounted guides
- forged & machined heat-treated 7075 T6 aluminum
- patented collet design for wiggle-free press
- non-drive o-ring compensates for frame width discrepancies
- new updated design with rubber expanding collet
Please note the Praxis Works installation instructions and the frame/BB guide.
The new patent pending elastomer collet design by Praxis Works keeps the cartridge bearings outboard of the frame right on spec for greater rigidity and free of frame/c-clip tolerance issues that other systems deal with. Simply press in the longer Non Drive Cup, then the shorter drive cup threads into it. As the drive cup threads in, the new orange elastomer collet expands to a precise machined limit evenly dispersing pressure in your frame shell for a super snugt fit.
With both cups connected and the collet set exactly to spec, there is no chance the bearings can come out of alignment or walk out of the frame. This design also uses a compressible o-ring on the non-drive side cup to compensate for frame shell width discrepancies.
Manufacturer Part Number:
- 1 x Praxis Works Conversion BB left bottom bracket cup, bearings and shell included
- 1 x Praxis Works Conversion BB right bottom bracket cup, bearings included
- 1 x Praxis Works PF30 bottom bracket shell
- 1 x orange rubber o-ring for drive side
- 1 x non drive o-ring
- 1 x compression sleeve
- 2 x seals